- Eight European teams competing for four Russia 2018 places
- Switzerland, Italy, Croatia and Denmark in Pot 1
- Northern Ireland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland and Greece in Pot 2
- How Croatia, Italy and Ireland fared in Europe’s first World Cup play-offs
- Email [email protected] | Tweet: @DanielHarris
“As a Rep of Ireland fan, I hope we draw Denmark,” says Neil Noble. “Though tough I feel this opposition will give us our best chance. Sadly I’m not confident we will be in Russia. But I could be wrong. I hope Northern Ireland draw Switzerland. Italy and Croatia are best avoided.”
Yes, I’d agree with that, though I’m not quite sure how Croatia managed to avoid qualifying automatically.
There’s a yellow ticker up trailing the draw; I’m sorry, but that is not right. I want to read that Rotherham have signed Jamie Cureton, not know about something I already know that hasn’t yet happened.